What personal information does Scottish Rugby collect?
We may collect, hold and use the following personal information from or about you:
- your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and gender;
- your billing address, bank account and payment card details;
- your purchasing preferences;
- your image (if filmed or recorded when attending our sites or events);
- details of your use of our IT systems, applications and websites (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you access);
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; and
- any other personal information you provide to us when contacting or corresponding with us, when requesting any products and services from us, when providing any products and services to us, when entering into or performing any contract with us, when signing up to, attending or participating in our events, competitions or matches, or when entering our promotions.
Why we collect your personal information
We may collect, hold and use personal information from or about you for the following purposes:
- to manage, develop, promote and administer matches, competitions, events and the sport of rugby union;
- to administer and complete any request that you make of us, for example to provide any product or service that you have requested from us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to enable us to administer and provide any of our competitions, events or other offers/promotions that you have entered or are taking steps to enter with us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to manage, understand and respect your preferences;
- to improve the products and services we offer;
- to obtain feedback on our website or on our events, competitions, products and services;
- for record keeping, research, monitoring and analysis purposes;
- to you keep you informed of any changes to our website;
- to help diagnose server problems and administer our website;
- for the purposes of the performance of any contract that you have entered into or are taking steps to enter into with us (and to keep in contact with you for such purposes);
- to set up and administer any of your online accounts with us;
- to keep you informed via mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone about other offers, events, products and services offered by us, or our sponsors or partners, that may be of interest to you and to personalise and/or tailor any such communications (only if you have agreed to be contacted in this way and subject to your ability to withdraw this agreement at any time); and
- to comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, law enforcement and fraud prevention requirements.
- We may ask you from time to time if we can collect, hold and use your personal information for other purposes. If we do so, we will provide you with any necessary information on how we will use your personal information for such additional purposes.
Who does Scottish Rugby share my personal information with, and why?
Unless you specifically agree or ask us to share your personal information with a third-party, your personal information will only be shared as follows:
- with other members of our group of companies;
- with our website hosting, server and IT systems providers;
- with any third-party whose services we require to use for the administration, management or completion of any request that you have made of us or any contract that you have entered into (or taken steps to enter into) with us. Depending on the relevant circumstances, these may include our online ticketing services provider, our catering & hospitality services provider, our retail services provider, our printing and fulfilment providers, our customer relationship management database/services provider, the rugby club, body or society of which you are a member, or any third-party operator of a match, competition or event at one of our sites;
- with any third-party whose services we require to use for credit control, debt collection or payment processing purposes;
- with any actual or potential purchaser of the whole or any part of our business or assets (or those of any members of our group of companies);
- with our sponsors or partners to keep you informed via mail, email, SMS or telephone about other offers, events, products and services offered by them that may be of interest to you (only if you have agreed for your personal information to be shared in this way and subject to your ability to withdraw that agreement at any time);
- with our professional and legal advisers for the purposes of taking such advice; or
- with any third party where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, court orders, law enforcement, fraud prevention, to enforce the terms under which you contracted with us, or to protect our rights, property or the safety and security of users of our website or attendees at our matches, competitions and events.
- If we share your personal information with third-parties, they will be “processors” and subject to written conditions to only process your personal information in accordance with our instructions and to protect it. We will only share your personal information with third-parties if we are required to do so for specific purposes and will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How is my personal information protected and where it is kept?
Your personal information will be held within the United Kingdom or in the European Economic Area on a secure server. We will use reasonable security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
If a password is required to access certain areas of our website, IT systems or applications, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. You must not leave your password unattended or disclose your password to any other person.
How long is my personal information kept?
Your personal information will be held for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. We will carry out periodic reviews of the personal information that we hold about you to ensure that this is the case.
We will also retain your personal information to maintain historical, statistical and statutory records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations or guidance.
What are my Data Rights?
You have the right to request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we hold about you is modified or corrected at any time.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time (although this may adversely affect your ability to attend or participate in our matches, competitions or events, to obtain products and services from us, or to use our website).
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict or stop the processing of your personal information for specific purposes at any time (although this may adversely affect your ability to attend or participate in our matches, competitions or events, to obtain products and services from us, or to use our website);
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide your personal information to you in a particular format for your own re-use.
You have the right to access (without charge) the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request” of us at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the details set out below. Any requests will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at ww.ico.org.uk.