For the safety of everyone at the game, there are a few items that will not be allowed into the stadium. Bringing these items into the grounds, for your use or for someone else’s could result in an ejection from the event.
- Weapons of any kind or anything that could be considered a weapon
- Alcohol not obtained from authorised outlets within the Ground
- Glass bottles and drinks cans
- Controlled container capable of holding liquid which may be capable of causing injury if thrown (sealed plastic bottles of water and soft drinks are allowed up to a maximum of 500mls. Empty re-usable bottles upto a maximum of 500mls are also permitted and can be filled up at our water stations around the stadium.)
- Hip flasks, metal drinks bottles, thermos flasks or refillable water bottles
- Umbrellas of any size
- Air horns, party poppers or silly string
- Laser pointers or flashlights
- Fireworks or any article or substance whose main purpose is the emission of a flare or the emission of smoke or visible gas
- Audio or recording equipment
- Go Pros/active cameras and selfie sticks
- Professional cameras (with lenses larger than 4inches)
- Controlled or illegal substances
- Items deemed to be inappropriate or offensive – including clothing, flags and banners
- Musical instruments
- Animals other than guide or assistance dogs
- Any other items deemed to pose a risk of injury or annoyance to other customers
- Camera with a lens larger than 300mm
- A banner or flag that bears material or slogans which are offensive, obscene, abusive or of a racist, homophobic or discriminatory nature (or any banner or flag of any nature which has a stick or pole longer than one metre and thicker than 2cm)
Any person whose conduct is deemed to be offensive or abusive, or who may compromise public safety, will be reported to the police
Supporters are urged where possible not to bring bags to the stadium. In any case, bags larger than A4 size (21cm x 30cm) will not be permitted unless required for medical or childcare reasons. No bag drop facilities will be provided at the stadium.
All bags no matter the size will be searched prior to entry to the stadium. For the most up to date information please visit the relevant FAQs page for the event you are attending.
NOTE – BT Murrayfield does NOT have bag drop facilities so patrons with larger bags require to take them away and deposit them in a safe place before entering the stadium.
For further recommendations and requests, see Scottish Rugby’s spectator Code of Conduct. For full details and conditions of entry please see the Scottish Rugby terms and conditions.