All tickets for Scotland fixtures at BT Murrayfield are being issued digitally using the new Scottish Rugby Ticketing app which will link to your tickets using the mobile number on your Scottish Rugby ticketing account.
If you have purchased tickets for a friend or family member and need to pass the tickets on to them, please follow the steps on this page.
There are a few things to note before transferring your ticket...
- Please ensure all intended tickets are transferred prior to arriving at the stadium as an internet connection is required for this step of the process. However, once a mobile ticket has been received within the Scottish Rugby Ticketing app, a data connection is not necessary as the ticket will work offline.
- Before transferring a ticket, ensure you have the correct ticket selected and that the telephone number is correct for the intended recipient.
- Before a ticket can be transferred, the intended recipient will need to have downloaded the app and must have completed the registration process.
- You can transfer a ticket as soon as it has been delivered to your App, you do not need to wait for the QR code to show. The QR code will show 48 hours before the event in the app of the current ticket holder.
How do I transfer a ticket?
Step 1: In the 'My Tickets' tab of your Scottish Rugby Ticketing App, click on the match ticket you want to transfer to open it.
Step 2: Click on the Transfer option displayed in the top right corner of your ticket.
Step 3: Ticket transfer works app to app only. The person to whom you are transferring a ticket must have the Scottish Rugby Ticketing App. If the intended recipient does not already have the app, use the ‘Invite Contact’ button. This will send an SMS with a link inviting your contact to download the app.
Step 4: Once your contact has downloaded the app and completed the registration process providing they are already a contact in your phone their name will automatically appear in the ‘My Contacts with app’ tab in your app.
Step 5: Select the intended recipient from your contacts list and confirm that you accept the details of the transfer are correct. Then press ‘Transfer Ticket’.
Step 6: This will complete your ticket transfer and you will see a ticket transferred confirmation screen. The ticket will leave your phone and appear on the recipient’s phone and also in their name.
Note: If you wish to transfer a ticket to a mobile number that is not saved as a contact in your phone, please use the ‘Send via phone number’ option. Enter the mobile number and follow the instructions shown.
How do I receive a transferred ticket?
- Make sure you have downloaded the app and have completed the registration details for the ticket holder to be able to follow the steps above to transfer the ticket to you. If you have not done this, please follow the instructions here: How do I get the Scottish Rugby Ticketing App?